Sherpas haul FROZEN SOLID corpse from Mount Everest after 11 deaths in 13 days amid queuing chaos as Nepal says it won’t cap permits

Shocking footage has emerged of Sherpas hauling a frozen solid corpse from Mount Everest amid queuing chaos on the mountain which has claimed 11 lives in 13 days.

Four Sherpas are seen heaving the rigid corpse over the ice, its arm sticks into the air and its knees slide along the ground unnaturally. The identity of the dead climber is  not yet known.

The staggering death toll so far this season has been shrouded in controversy but government officials marking the anniversary of the first ascent said on Wednesday they had no plans to cap permits.

The video uploaded by Rohtash Khileri last Tuesday said: ‘Sherpas are the form of a God in the mountains. We should respect them. And should also respect the mountains.‘

As well as the Everest deaths, nine climbers have died on other 26,000 ft Himalayan peaks, while one is missing. 

At least four deaths on the world‘s highest mountain have been blamed on over-crowding with teams waiting sometimes for hours in the ‘death zone‘ where the cold is bitter, the air dangerously thin and the terrain treacherous.

The toll has cast a dark shadow over the anniversary of Sir Edmund Hillary‘s world first ascent of the mountain. 

At an event to celebrate the New Zealanders achievement on Wednesday, government minister Gokul Prasad Baskota denied there was mismanagement of climbing on Everest. 

Badkots said there were no plans to limit permits after a record number were issued this year. 

He said there could be an issue of inadequate training for the endeavour.

Last week Canadian filmmaker Elia Saikaly posted a haunting photo of Everest climbers stepping over a dead body while queuing for the summit.

The eerie image showed a long line of adventurers stepping over a rope attached to a frozen corpse which hangs over the mountain almost 9,000 metres above sea level. 

He captioned his grim photo: ‘Here we all were, chasing a dream and beneath our very feet there was a lifeless soul. Is this what Everest has become?‘

The identity of the corpse is not known. 

This year‘s Everest toll is the highest since 2014-15 when huge earthquakes triggered devastating avalanches.

John Kulish died on Monday – the second American to perish in ten days – after reaching the peak.

He was part of a group of climbers who celebrated his 62nd birthday on the mountain. 

Kulish was a patent lawyer from Boulder, Colorado. It remains unclear how experienced he was.  

The 11 climbers who have died on Everest this season

May 16: Irish professor Séamus Lawless went missing on May 16 after reportedly falling. 

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with's FREE daily email newsletter.

The search operation has since been called off and he is presumed dead.

Last week: Four Indians, one Austrian, one American and one person from Nepal died on Everest. 

Friday: Irishman Kevin Hynes, 56, passed away on the northern Tibet part of the mountain.

The father-of-two died in his tent at 23,000ft on the descent after turning back before reaching the top.

Saturday: Robin Haynes Fisher, 44, collapsed and died only 150m from the peak. 

Monday:  Christopher John Kulish, a 62-year-old American lawyer, died suddenly on his descent at South Col after scaling the normal Southeast Ridge route.

British climber Robin Haynes Fisher, 44, died in the ‘death zone‘ – known for low oxygen levels – on his descent on Saturday after speaking of his worries about overcrowding on the world‘s highest mountain.  

In one of his last social media posts, he told of how he had changed his plans in order to avoid the ‘fatal‘ crowds.

He said: ‘With a single route to the summit, delays caused by overcrowding could prove fatal so I am hopeful my decision to go for the 25th will mean fewer people. Unless of course everyone else plays the same waiting game.‘

Mr Fisher was described as an ‘aspirational adventurer‘ who ‘lived life to the full‘ in a statement from his family.  

Irish climber Kevin Hynes, 56, died in his tent at 7,000 metres in the early hours of Friday after turning back before reaching the summit.

The father-of-two was part of a group from UK-based climbing company 360 Expeditions which was attempting to scale Everest.

His death comes a week after Trinity College professor Seamus Lawless, aged 39 and from Bray, Co Wicklow, fell during his descent from the peak having achieved a lifetime ambition of reaching the summit.

The search for Mr Lawless has been called off.

An American climber, Austrian climber and two Indian climbers are also reported to have died, while an Australian climber is fighting for his life after being found unconscious about 7,500m on the northern slopes.

Mr Fisher was the tenth fatality on Everest in the current climbing season that ends this month and the 18th in Nepal‘s Himalayas in the same period.

Record numbers of climbers are cramming on to the piste during the spring season‘s good weather.

There are 41 teams with a total of 378 climbers permitted to scale the mountain during the spring climbing season in Nepal that begins around March.

An equal number of Nepalese guides are helping them get to the summit.