A 10-month-old boy choked to death on a pine cone at a North Carolina daycare, according to reports.

Areon Ellington was dropped off at the A Hug A Day Daycare, which is run out of a home in Raleigh, on Wednesday morning by his grandmother, .

A few hours later, Helena Harris received a horrific phone call about her grandson, the woman told the news outlet.

“The daycare lady called me and told me that I needed to get to the daycare because Areon was choking on something,” Harris told the news site.

A Hug A Day DaycareGoogle Maps

Receive News & Ratings Via Email - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.

One of the baby’s family members that Areon “had a piece of pine cone in his mouth and it block his air passage.”

The child’s death was ruled accidental, ABC 11 reported. No charges have been filed in the case yet.

“He was my heart,” Harris said of Areon. “He was, through our struggles, what was bonding us together.”

According to the North Carolina Division of Child Development and Early Education, there have been previous violations at the daycare that included hazardous items found on the property, health assessment filing issues and daily schedules not being maintained, according to WRAL.